Master of Divinity 3 (for MMin Graduates)
This program is designed for those who already have a Master of Ministry degree or its equivalent and requires 36 graduate-level semester hours in order to obtain the MDiv degree.
- Hold a Master of Ministry degree of 36 semester hours or equivalent, with a GPA of 2.75 or above on a four-point scale.
- Letter of recommendation from the church organization employing the applicant at present, if there is any; otherwise, either from the local church board where the applicant holds membership, or from the theological faculty of the institution granting the prerequisite degree (if such recommendation is more current).
- Demonstrated English proficiency (see Admissions).
- Complete a minimum of 36 semester hours of coursework (beyond the MMin requirement) as needed to meet the requirements of the 72 semester hour curriculum above, within ten years. The Program Director in consultation with the Applied Theology Department will recommend an appropriate curriculum based on the student’s previous Master’s courses.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of not less than 2.75 for graduation.
- Pass a proficiency test in Biblical Hebrew and Greek or complete the following courses, which may also be counted toward the program requirements: NTST 540 Greek Grammar and OTST 540 Hebrew Grammar.
Credit by Transfer
The maximum credits by transfer and the challenge of courses through proficiency tests cannot exceed nine semester hours.