How to Earn Credits by Transfer
Graduate courses taken at AIIAS or at another recognized or accredited institution (including graduate correspondence courses) may be transferred to an AIIAS program if the credit meets all of the following conditions:
- Approval of the program/department committee and the dean.
- A transcript or official certification is submitted.
- A grade was earned which meets the minimum transfer policy of the student’s program.
- The credits would be accepted at the institution at which they were taken as credit toward an advanced degree.
- The credits are not older than permitted by the program (8 years maximum).
- The course is equivalent to the course for which credit is being sought. Equivalency must be established by the program director or department chairperson.
- Credits from AIIAS transferred to another AIIAS program will be recorded with the grade earned and any difference in tuition between the two programs will be charged. Credits from other institutions will be recorded with an S.
For more details, see p. 31 of the Academic Bulletin (2010-2012). More questions? Email