Credits by Transfer
Graduate courses taken at AIIAS or at another recognized or accredited institution (including graduate correspondence courses) may be transferred to an AIIAS program if the credit meets all of the following conditions:
- Approval of the program/department committee and the dean.
- A transcript or official certification is submitted (relevant course outlines or syllabi could be required).
- A grade was earned which meets the minimum transfer policy of the student’s program. In all AIIAS Graduate School programs the minimum required grade for transfer credit is a B (or equivalent).
- The credits would be accepted at the institution at which they were taken as credit toward an advanced degree.
- The credits are not older than permitted by the program (8 years maximum).
- The course is equivalent to the course for which credit is being sought. Equivalency must be established by the program director or department chairperson.
- Credits from AIIAS transferred to another AIIAS program will be recorded with the grade earned and any difference in tuition between the two programs will be charged. Credits from other institutions will be recorded with an S.
Credits for a degree used to fulfill the entrance requirements to a graduate program cannot be used for fulfillment of program requirements unless specifically allowed by the student’s program. The maximum number of credits that may be transferred is governed according to the program from which the credits are being transferred as in the table below.
The maximum transfer credit allowed applies to transfer and challenge credits combined. The 25% rule is based on the total number of credits required for the degree. Credits earned toward a professional degree may be discounted 20% if transferred to an academic degree.
|Transfer Credit Maximums||25% Rule Applies||Unlimited Transfer|
|With abandonment of previous program (transfer credits from AIIAS)||✔|
|With preservation of previous program (transfer credits from AIIAS or elsewhere)||✔|
|Transfer credits from a different AIIAS degree||✔|
|Transfer credits from the same AIIAS degree (different emphasis/major/concentration)||✔|
|Transfer credits from elsewhere||✔|