GSEM 600 Applied Theology Research and Writing
In this course, students will learn to write clear, concise, and well-developed exposition where critical thinking and editing skills are emphasized. There will also be an introduction to Library Research, the APA style, the basic components of an Applied Theology research paper and basic research methods. This course will attempt to provide an adequate foundation for students to write research papers for their coursework.
WHO NEEDS THIS COURSE?
This course may also be taken by
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand and apply the philosophy, methodology, and practical aspects of research and the research process.
- Learn to think critically, read efficiently, and communicate effectively in writing.
- Understand and apply effective research techniques.
- Become familiar with, and use the resources available for documentary (bibliographic) and applied theological research, both print and electronic, including the internet.
- Be able to critically evaluate sources and write reviews.
- Develop an appreciation and love in the investigation and discovery of truth, knowledge, and skills that are for the advancement of God’s truth.
- Be able to conduct an ethical quality research in their respective church, institutions and missions/conference.
TOPICS TO COVER
Sentence and Paragraphs Structure and Organization
Liang Chuanshan, PhD Candidate
Pastor Liang Chuanshan is a PhD candidate in Religion, emphasis in Intercultural Studies. He has been an instructor of mission courses at AIIAS Theological Seminary since 2017. Before coming to AIIAS, he served as a church pastor and urban church planter in China Cangping Conference. He is married to Chen Yu, and they are blessed to have one daughter, Liang Zhiyi.
James Park, PhD
Dr. James Park is an experienced pastor and professor who has been actively engaged in discipleship, church growth and missions. Prior to his retirement, he served AIIAS as the director of the Seminary Online Learning Program as well as the director for the Master of Arts in Ministry.