Master of Arts in Church Ministry (MA-CM)
The MA-CM is a professional degree program specifically designed for pastors and ministerial workers who want to upgrade themselves. This program is offered in three modalities: on-campus, cohort-based, and online. The normal duration of the on-campus program is 15 months, plus the time needed to finish prerequisites. It is accredited by the Adventist Accrediting Association (AAA) and the Association for Theological Education in South East Asia (ATESEA).
Outcomes and Competencies
Teacher and Preacher
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution with a minimum GPA of 2.75 (on a four-point scale) or equivalent.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Have a minimum of 72 undergraduate semester hours in religion.
- For every year of full-time regular denominational employment as a pastor, teacher or chaplain, two of the 72 semester hours in religion may be waived, up to a total of 10 years (20 semester hours). The employing institution should provide a certified copy of the worker’s service record.
- Complete 42 semester hours of coursework specified in the curriculum within a maximum of 10 years.
- Have a cumulative GPA of not less than 2.75 for graduation.
The maximum credit load is 15 semester hours in a regular semester and 9 semester hours in an intersemester. If the cumulative GPA falls below 2.75, the student will be placed on scholastic probation and limited to 12 semester hours per regular semester or 6 semester hours in the intersemester until the scholastic probation is lifted.
Credit by Transfer
The maximum credits by transfer and the challenge of courses through challenge exams may not exceed 9 semester hours.
A maximum of 3 semester hours of credits may be earned by Directed Study. A student may not use the Directed Study option in place of core requirements without specific ASAC approval.
In order to complete the Master of Arts in Church Ministry program the following 14 courses or their equivalent totaling 42 semester hours must be completed.
|CHMN 545 Dynamic Sermon Design and Delivery||3|
|CHMN 563 Principles and Procedures of Evangelism||3|
|CHMN 579 Ministry and Spiritual Life||3|
|LEAD 510 Biblical Foundations of Leadership and Ethics||3|
|MSSN 577 Growing Disciples and Mission||3|
|OTST/NTST 512 Biblical Hermeneutics||3|
|THST 531 Distinctive Doctrines of the Seventh-day Adventist Church||3|
|Research and Writing||Credits|
|GSEM 600 Applied Theology Research and Writing||3|
|Total Semester Hours||42|