The Education Department believes that
- Christian educators are agents of change and co-laborers with God in the redemptive and restorative work.
- Christian educators should be reflective thinkers and practitioner, and lifelong learners who model the character of Jesus while capably serving the needs of humanity.
- Based on the principles found in God’s Word, knowledge must be critically evaluated and applied to the field of education, integrating current research, and instructional technology.
To develop internationally recognized educational leaders known for spirituality, scholarship, and service.
To be an outstanding model of Adventist graduate education.
- Is committed to selfless service
- Makes a positive difference in the community
- Practices servant leadership in professional, spiritual, and private life
- Provides vision and facilities educational change
- Inspires personal growth and change
- Engages in and disseminates research
- Demonstrates mastery of research-based practices in education
- Is committed to lifelong learning
- Global Perspective
- Works effectively with others
- Thinks globally, applies locally
- Respects diversity
- Is proficient in and models 21st century skills
- Makes responsible decisions, implements them creatively, and evaluates fairly
- Utilizes current technology for education purposes
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Reflects the character of Christ
- Integrates faith and learning in professional and private life
- Incorporates ethical practices