Be a Public Health professional and contribute to the well-being of your society. Its many employment opportunities will allow you to be a part of saving lives and in making the planet Earth a better place to live in.
The philosophy of the Public Health Department is based on Christian biblical health principles. Humankind as whole beings with physical, emotional, social, ecological, and spiritual dimensions, are created and redeemed as whole persons. While scientific inquiry is important in achieving whole person’s health, the Public Health Department considers that health, disease, and healing dynamics are determined, to a large extent by adherence or non-adherence to God’s moral and natural laws. Redemption by Jesus Christ brings healing and transformation of lifestyles for longer and higher quality of life.
Develop leaders to serve and transform society through evidence-based public health practice and Bible-based lifestyle principles.
An internationally recognized model for Christian public health graduate education.
The MPH graduate:
- Addresses ecological determinants of health.
- Involves multi-sectors in health programs.
- Develops appropriate community based health improvement programs.
- Addresses health issues throughout the life cycle.
- Works together with the community in assessing, planning, developing, and evaluating health interventions.
- Applies theories and models in lifestyle improvement/health behavior change interventions.
- Prepares the community for environmental emergencies.
- Employs effective disaster management strategies.
- Conducts health research.
- Communicates effectively one to one and to the community.
- Uses mass media in health communications, and
- Wholistically integrates scientific knowledge and the Bible.
WHOLE PERSONS IN HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
Public Health Schedule of Course Offerings
|Jan 8 - Mar 9||Evelyn Almocera|
|Jan 8 - Mar 9||Grace Luntungan|
|Mar 19 - May 18|
|Mar 19 - May 18||Godwin Aja|
|Jun 4 - Aug 3||Eleanor Castillo|
|Aug 13 - Oct 12||Jelome Manalu|
|Oct 22 - Dec 21||Godwin Aja|
|Oct 22 - Mar 1||Sheralee Thomas|
|Jan 7 - Mar 8||Alaisa Mbiriri|
|Jan 7 - May 17||Grace Luntungan|
|Mar 18 - May 17|
|Jun 3 - Aug 2|
|Aug 12 - Oct 11||
PHFN 600 Health Promotion Theory and Practice
|Oct 21 - Dec 20||
PHHP 645 School and Adolescent Health
|Oct 21 - Feb 28|
|Jan 6 - Mar 6|
|Mar 16 - May 15|